DOCSIS 2.0/3.0 Cable-Embedded Enterprise Session Border Controllers (ESBCs)
As a leading ESBC provider, InnoMedia is uniquely positioned to provide cable operators the only DOCSIS cable modem integrated solution in the industry.
All the cable modem (CM) embedded ESBCs in the InnoMedia ESBC product family support Smart-DQoS™ and employ a unique CM-ESBC synchronization scheme that offers high reliability and minimum down time.
InnoMedia’s exclusive Device-initiated DQoS technology enables edge devices to intelligently initiate and manage DQoS UGS service flows based on user and signaling events without the need for PacketCable Multimedia. Smart-DQoS™ instantly allows end-to-end QoS without having to wait for network infrastructure modifications. A simplified Smart-DQoS™ signal diagram is given below:
- ESBC → AS: Application Signaling
- AS → CMTS: Gate-Set
- CMTS → AS: Gate-Set-Ack (GateID)
- AS → ESBC: Application Signaling (GateID)
- If GateID is not available → DQoS Lite
- ESBC → CMTS: DSA (GateID)
- CMTS → ESBC; DSA Ack (ResourceID)
- In cable networks where PacketCable Multimedia (PCMM) is not available, Smart-DQoS™ allows the utilization of DQoS to guarantee QoS-ensured SIP trunking services.
- In cable networks where PCMM is available, Smart-DQoS™ may result in cost saving by not requiring PCMM initiated (thus, license-based) DQoS sessions.
- Integration of Cable Modem and ESBC into one device allows both components to communicate → close coupling yields powerful network architectural advantages
- Allows ESBC to recover quickly if CM undergoes connectivity issues → minimizes ESBC downtime
- ESBC will send DHCP DISCOVER after the following CM-related events to ensure CMTS retains ESBC MAC address in its CPE list:
- ‘Clear Cable Modem Reset’ command from CMTS to CM
- Loss of RF Sync (with or without T4 timeout)
- CM Image Upgrade
- CM Reset (through CLI or SNMP)
- CM reset will cause soft reboot of ESBC
- However, ESBC reboot does NOT cause CM to reset
|ESBC8528-4B – is the ideal demarcation solution to deliver Telephony to Enterprise Customers. It seamlessly enables SIP-based Voice over IP by resolving traversal and compatibility problems with IP-PBX’s and IP-Phones through existing network firewalls. It makes offering SIP Trunking services a breeze by normalizing SIP traffic between the IP-PBX in the enterprise network and the cable operator by providing SIPConnect adaptation and Low-level SIP Header Manipulation.|
ESBC9528-4B – is a highly integrated DOCSIS 3.0 CM-based ESBC with 8×4 channel bonding and 24 UGS SIDs for cable operators to deliver SIP trunking, hosted voice and broadband data to business customers with an IP-PBX and IP-Phones. With Smart-DQoS™ technology, the ESBC 9528-4B can initiate up to 24 UGS service flows for end-to-end QoS voice communications without PCMM. The unit is equipped with a DOCSIS 3.0 eCM, an eSBC with B2BUA and SIP ALG, 4 FXS ports, and an internal battery.
|ESBC9578-4B – Similar to the ESBC9528-4B, ESBC9578-4B is a highly integrated DOCSIS 3.0 CM-based ESBC with 8×4 channel bonding and 24 UGS SIDs for cable operators to deliver SIP trunking, hosted voice, and broadband data to business customers with an IP-PBX and IP-Phones. Additionally, the ESBC9578-4B provides DTMF, fax, and codec media transcoding. With Smart-DQoS™ technology, the ESBC 9578-4B can initiate up to 24 UGS service flows for end-to-end QoS voice communications without PCMM. The unit is equipped with a DOCSIS 3.0 eCM, an eSBC with B2BUA and SIP ALG, 4 FXS ports, and an internal battery.|
|ESBC 9580-4B – Designed for MSOs offering TDM PRI service, InnoMedia’s ESBC 9580-4B is a highly integrated and highly manageable Enterprise Session Border Controller (ESBC) that can be auto-provisioned and remotely managed. Additionally, the ESBC9580-4B supports B2BUA and SIP ALG, allowing the MSO to offer its customers easy transition from TDM-PBX to IP-PBX using SIP trunking or hosted service. With InnoMedia’s exclusive Smart-DQoS™ technology enabling device-initiated DQoS UGS service flow establishment, the ESBC 9580-4B is ideally suited to MSOs offering bundled services with end-to-end QoS over HFC cable plants.|